1. On the rebound: Did you take time to heal after your last relationship? Hopping on a new relationship just to get over the last one is a bad idea.
Some may feel like hopping a new relationship proves that they have moved on. Not so! The only thing it proves is that you make bad choices.
2. No boundaries set:It’s important that we set boundaries before we enter the dating scene. Otherwise, we set ourselves up for temptation, disrespect, and sometimes we even allow our values to be compromised.
3. You think you can change him/her: You identify possible red flags early on, maybe even the first meeting, but you figure with a little encouragement and guidance from you, he’ll be on the right track in no time.
4. Your priorities are off: It’s quite normal to desire marriage and to be loved. There’s nothing wrong with that. But let’s be honest, Are you spending way too much time seeking him and not enough time seeking Christ?
5. Prayer life is weak: Have you surrendered the desires of your heart to God? Key word there is surrender. This means you don’t have to try to force a relationship with every guy you meet.